Friday, January 24, 2014

Lunch Bag Friday: SNOW DAY!



We've been getting a lot of snow lately.  My middle child especially loves to play in the snow.  I've decided she's part polar bear.  Last week she built a "snow devil" on the hill of our front yard and a bunch of tiny snowmen around him scared.  I love Seth's drawing of how happy she is in her pretend world- especially with that halo above her head.  haha

Every night the girls pray that school will be cancelled the next day because of the snow.  Sometimes those prayers are answered the way they want them to be.  :)  A few days ago, when school and work were cancelled, we went on a walk around the neighborhood and ended up having a snowball fight on a frozen pond.  It was so fun.  :)  I'm mostly grateful the ice didn't crack and no one fell in.  I've never had a snowball fight on a frozen pond before.  It was a whimsical morning.  I'm so glad Seth drew it on Kenzie's sack.  Below are a bunch of pictures from the snowball fight.




I like this photo below.  I walked around the pond to see if the waterfall was still running or was frozen over.  If you look really closely you can see a small Makenzie ducking as Seth throws a snowball at her on the pond.  


The kids were pretty tuckered out after battling dad for an hour or so on the pond so Seth pushed all of them in Pip's stroller (at least part of the way home- he was pretty tuckered too after all).  That was as funny to me as the snowball fight.  Not every day is magical or carefree like a snow day, but there are magical and fun moments every day.  I always have my phone with me so I can capture photos of those moments.  I love to write them out and keep track of them.  They make me happy to look at and share- not to give an unrealistic point of view of our lives as if everything is always peachy- but more so that when the other 90% of regular, mundane, busy, or hard parts of life are going on I can look back at happy moments and smile.  I lay in my bed every night and smile at those photos or videos I've taken that day just before falling asleep.  I like to end my day focusing on the good.  :)


No comments:

Post a Comment