Sunday, November 17, 2013

Lunch Bag Friday (11-8-13)


"Too Late"


You can just tell this this is such a sweet story and a sad story at the same time on these bags. Seth and I were talking about how the teenage years and preteen years for both of us seemed to be filled with unrequited love. It was in those years that we both had our first really strong crush and heartbreak. Our older girls are going through that just a little bit and Seth wanted to make them some lunch sacks that say, “I know. I love you!”  

It was fun to hear them run down the stairs two Fridays ago when Seth drew these, flip on the kitchen lights, and both let out a long sigh, “oooooOOOOHHhh. How cute,” and “Poor guy!” When I walked in the room Kendyl was still sighing and smiling at her sack (she’s our hopeless romantic). She turned to me and said, “I haven’t had a boy like me at the same time as me liking him since Kindergarten. We use to pretend Stars Wars and puppies and one time we hid in a closet from his sister and he kissed my hair.” 

WHAT?! I never knew that! hahahaha I think we may be in for some rough years ahead with these girls. hahaha Wish us luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment