Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Ichabod Crane and Katrina Van Tassel

Seth drew this lunch bag duo Fall of 2012.  I LOVE it!  I love the story of Ichabod Crane and the Headless Horseman…. even more I love the history behind the story.  We use to live just a few miles from the Old Dutch Church in Sleepy Hollow, NY where Washington Irving sang in a choir as a boy and is buried on the grounds of that church. I use to go there weekly and just wander around.  There was another old man there named Bill that would “haunt” the place as well and would give me little histories lessons.  For Halloween this year one of my daughters wants to be Katrina Van Tassel.  Seth is excited now about the idea of being the Headless Horseman.  I’ll need to see about finding a huge suit to make him look headless.  We’ll see. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment