Friday, September 6, 2013

Pets or Pests?... depends on who you ask


Lunch Bag Friday! 9-6-13

I don’t know if your kids (if you have them) are like ours, but our kids are always trying to keep everything as a pet! Even spiders! I’m sure if they could sneak an elephant into the house they would.  

Today our kitty had proudly placed a dead mole on our porch (she’s a good mouser and we live in the woods so it’s helpful). I was grossed out, then sad, because a little mole is so much cuter than a mouse. The first thing our littlest girl tried to do was run inside to get a tupperware to keep the dead mole as a pet! Needless to say I would’t let her. (such a mean mom) lol 

Twice last week my kids caught frogs and once a toad and begged to keep them- one of them even kissed the toad to see if it would turn into a prince. EWWW!! 

There have been many times that I have discovered dead roly poly bugs, ladybugs, or fireflies in Pip’s pockets when I am about to wash her pants. I’m terrified of finding something worse. lol 

We don’t have a dog, but Seth and I both had dogs when we were kids and this is the way they waited for us after school. Actually our kitty waits like this for the kids and even runs partway to the bus stop in some places we’ve lived to greet them.  With the start of a new school year and having moved to a new school, Seth and I feel like this puppy everyday, anxious to hear their news and give them loves. 

These bags are so charming.  I love them Seth!

No comments:

Post a Comment